Pages

Poll

About Us

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Followers

ABOUT GIVENCHY


Givenchy SA is a fashion house that designs, manufactures, and markets clothing for men and women. It also offers perfumes and cosmetics as well as accessories such as bags, shoes, socks, and sunglasses. The company caters to markets in Germany, Italy, Greece, Spain, Belgium, Russia, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and China. Givenchy was founded in 1952 and is headquartered in Paris, France.

Fashion Designer Hubert de Givenchy was born to a wealthy family 1927 in Beauvais, France. He studied at the ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. His first job in the fashion industry was when he worked for Jacques Fath in Paris in 1945. He then worked briefly for Robert Piguet and for Lucien Lelong (1946) WHERE HE WORKED WITH LELONG'S ASSISTANTS, PIERRE BALMAIN AND CHRISTIAN DIOR, and finally for Elsa Schiaparelli (1947- 1951). He opened the House of Givenchy in 1952. He named his first collection for Bettina Graziani, Paris's top model. Balenciaga was his mentor, although he never worked for him, whose atelier was just across the avenue George V.

Two women represent the typical Givenchy style of the 50s and 60s: Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy. By furnishing Hollywood movie stars beginning in 1953, Givenchy achieved a popularity like never before. A rather sad event brought global attention to Givenchy dresses. When John F.Kennedy was assasinated, the world witnessed a mourning Kennedy family all dressed in Givenchy clothes. Jackie Kennedy ordered a Givenchy dress for the funeral, which was especially flown in from Paris. It is said, that at that time, the Givenchy atelier possessed individual patterns sheets for every female member of the Kennedy family. In 1955, he introduced separates and then the Orlon-fabric to the haute couture. His designs are elegant and refined.

MADE IN FRANCE

3, avenue George-V
75008 Paris, France
Tel.: (+1) 44.31.50.00
FAX.: (+1) 49.52.03.62
www.givenchy.fr



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

~About Blogs~ said...

i love Givenchy..

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for that particular model. The prices as regards the velcros are around 320 bucks on every site. But completely I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that particular make. The prices for the velcros were all over 330 pounds on every site. But completely I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices for the velcros are approximately 320 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices seeking the velcros were all over 240 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you tell me about these?