It all started in 1925, when Edoardo and Adele Fendi opened a small leather and fur store with its own workshop in Via del Plebiscito in the center of Rome. The business prospered, and a new shop was opened in Via Piave in 1932. By 1946 Paola, 15, the eldest of the couple's five daughters, went to work for the firm, followed by her sisters Carla, Anna, Franca, and Alda.
In 1965 a marriage made in heaven, that between the Fendis and German designer Karl Lagerfeld, was sealed, and it proved to be fortuitous for both. Lagerfeld immediately created the inverted FF logo that joined the growing list of international status symbols, and then set about, aided and abetted by the sisters, to revolutionize the treatment of fur.
MADE IN ITALY
Via Flaminia 1068, 00189 Roma
Press Office: Carla Gabetti Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.fendi.com